Born 1933 in Baltimore, Maryland.
Appointed by Governor Gerald L. Baliles on November 1, 1989, filling a vacancy created by the retirement of William Hodges. First elected by the General Assembly on January 25, 1990 to an eight-year term beginning February 1, 1990. Service terminated by retirement.
Hampden-Sydney College, B.A., 1954
University of Virginia, LL.B., 1957
Other judicial service:
Judge, Fifteenth Judicial Circuit, 1975-1989.
Private practice in Fredericksburg, Virginia, 1957-1975.
City council member for Fredericksburg, Virginia, 1960-1963.
Commonwealth’s attorney, Fredericksburg, Virginia, 1963-1973.
Elected, Journal of the House of Delegates, 1990 Regular Session, 330; retired effective September 1, 2002, Journals of the Senate of Virginia, 2002 Regular Session, 207; birth, education, professional career, circuit court judgeship, The American Bench: Judges of the Nation (Forster-Long, Inc., 1991-1992), 2346.